Monday, July 6, 2009

A Brush with Greatness?

I took the early bus (2 PM) to the stadium today, but didn't have a whole lot to do once I got here. To kill some time, I decided I'd walk around downtown Lansing for 30-45 minutes, just to see what it's like.

At one point, I went up some stairs and took an enclosed catwalk over the river that flows through downtown. From the catwalk, I looked down to the entrance of a hotel and noticed two silver trailers that were unloading. They looked fancy, so I figured it had to be someone important.

A few people got off the trailers, and I didn't really recognize them. I continued walking through the catwalk, and took a detour through the hotel. As I was exiting the hotel, 4-5 guys from the trailer were walking past me. I glanced at them, said hello, and moved on. Based on their look, I was guessing it was a band of some sort, but I had no idea who it was.

After leaving the hotel, I continued walking around downtown. About a half block later, I saw a poster advertising the Common Ground Music Festival (http://www.commongroundfest.com/). Sure enough, I recognized one of the bands on the poster as the guys I just passed at the hotel.

That's right, today, I said hello to Huey Lewis and The News.

I'm sure my mom would be a lot more excited about this than I am, but I figured it was blog worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment