Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Marte on the DL

I said I wasn't going to post again today, but I had to since this is somewhat big news.

Read the full story here.

Marte's shoulder was bothering him in Beloit, and he hasn't played since.

No one new is coming for now, and I doubt anyone will. The move was retroactive to the 11th, so he'd be eligible to come off of the DL on the 18th or 19th. So you're really only talking about him missing 3-4 more games.

This does open up a roster spot for Taylor Sinclair, who is supposed to come off the DL and start tomorrow night. So perhaps certain players who may have been headed back to Yakima or Missoula buy themselves an extra few days.

Again, I have no idea what's going to happen, but the Silver Hawks are carrying 28 players. Assuming Sinclair is activated tomorrow and no one else moves, then some decisions will have to be made when Marte, Parker, and Morgan are ready to come off the DL. Marte should be back soon, Morgan threw a side session the other day and looked good to my untrained eye, and I'm not sure about Parker's status yet.

Some decisions are looming.

No comments:

Post a Comment