Friday, July 3, 2009

Walk Offs Are Fun

To borrow a line from Lance McAlister, my favorite sports talk show host in Cincinnati and a former WSBT sports anchor here in South Bend:

I LOVE WINNING!

It makes it so much easier to broadcast winning games than losses, and last night's walk off win was certainly no exception.

How about Alfredo Marte hitting the team's first homer since June 9th?

How about Victor Estevez coming through in the clutch with a walk off bases loaded single?

How about Bryan Woodall with another three scoreless innings in relief? He's been pitching great for the last month.

How about two balks being called in the ninth inning, one against each team?

Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I told everyone in my row that I wanted to see fireworks ON the field before I see them in the sky. I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

    On another note, Brett Moorhouse and Wade Miley wore Joey's "Indiana Jones" hat the night before their starts resulting in Silver Hawks Wins. The Booster Club girls made sure that Ryan Cook donned the hat last night... every little bit helps, right?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete