Thursday, July 16, 2009

Streaming Audio - PLEASE READ

I understand that the streaming audio feed dropped out today, and a lot of people listening at home on the computer were unable to listen to the end of the game.

If this ever happens again, please please please dial the following number:
1-877-913-9739.

WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN. PUT IT NEXT TO YOUR COMPUTER.

Keep calling that number until someone answers. Call it over and over again. Call it until your fingers can no longer dial that number.

I don't know when the internet feed drops out, because I am still broadcasting on the local radio station and can't monitor it. The only way I know is if someone emails me, but then I only have 90 seconds between innings to
A) Check my email
B) Read the message
C) Dial the number
D) Wait for someone to answer
E) Tell them the problem and hope they get it back

If you call as soon as you lose the feed, that'll minimize the time the feed is down.

I'm sorry for the lost feed, but if you don't call that number, there's nothing I can do. They are the ones that control the streaming audio. It's usually reliable. The last few days they've had some issues. Today though, apparently no one was monitoring it and they had no idea they had lost the feed until I called after the game. So again, write down that number above and call, call, call.

No comments:

Post a Comment