Sunday, July 12, 2009

Great Win Tonight

Wow, what a game tonight (Saturday).

Randy Rodriguez sensational through 8.1 innings, the longest outing by a Silver Hawks pitcher this season.

Drama in the ninth with the bases loaded and one out, winning run at first base.

T.J. Hose closing it out for his ninth save.

And Nelson Gomez getting it done at the plate and in the field. A big two-out, two-RBI double in the third inning. Then, picking five balls out of the dirt at first base, including the final play of the game. Huge night for Gomez!

If every game was as exciting as that one, there would be sell out crowds every night. That was a thrilling game.

I was hoping to get pictures up tonight from the stadium, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow morning. I don't know if I got too excited on the final play and blew out my voice, or whether I have a cold/sinus infection developing, but my throat is rather sore all of a sudden. So I'm going to do my media notes, and then rest up so I can go strong tomorrow.

I promise, pictures of the Wisconsin stadium up by noon tomorrow.

Also, I don't say this enough, but thanks to everyone who reads the blog, whether you check it daily or sporadically. I have a site counter on the blog, and I'm getting well over 100 page views a day. It's amazing to me to have that many people interested in the stuff I put on here. I hope I'm giving you what you want, but if there is more you'd like to see on here, please let me know by emailing me at oserey@silverhawks.com. I figure between here and the official website of www.silverhawks.com where you can get all the stats and stories, then we should have you covered.

Thanks again, and pictures in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog! So cool to know whats going on more often then last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get T-Shirts made that say "I'm down with O.B.B."

    ReplyDelete