Thursday, July 23, 2009

Photos from Clinton - Part One


We start our journey outside the seating bowl. Believe it or not, when I took this picture I was actually inside the stadium. This is the concourse, behind the seating area. The awning on the left side is a concession stand (although I took the picture before the windows were open). Alliant Energy Field does not have an "open" concourse, meaning you cannot see the game from the concourse area.


A view of the press box. The windows on the left (under the Midwest League logos sign) is my radio booth.



From inside the booth, taken through a window looking at the seating area. You can see how the seats are all covered by a roof. A lot of protection from the weather for the fans. Good on rainy days, bad on days with beautiful weather.


The view from my booth, although this shot is angled a bit towards the left field line. I actually sit directly behind the window on the left and look straight towards home plate. The next picture shows my actual view a lot better.


This is my actual view....what I see when I'm calling the game. You can't get a great idea from this picture, but I am very close to home plate. In fact, I'd have to say that I'm closer to home plate in Clinton than at any other ballpark in the Midwest League.

No comments:

Post a Comment