Sunday, July 26, 2009

Photos from Cedar Rapids - Part One


One of the suites.


The Cedar Rapids ballclub used to be affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds (my favorite team growing up). These cards are enclosed in a glass case on the suite level, and feature Lenny Harris, Kurt Stillwell, and Joe Oliver. I was a big fan of Harris and Oliver; Stillwell was the shortstop of the future until Barry Larkin came along and took his job.


This is the above mentioned case on the suite level, featuring a lot of artifacts from former Kernels.


My view from the press box. Not bad at all. This is arguably my favorite stadium in the Western Division.


Just a nice touch by the media relations department here in Cedar Rapids. Andy Pantini and John Rodgers are two of the nicest guys in the league. We call John the "Dean of the Midwest League", since he has been broadcasting in the league the longest. He is perhaps the nicest guy I have ever met in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment